Core Strength and Spinal Stabilisation: CPD for Health & Fitness Professionals
This is Module 1 of the Douglas Method Practitioner Training, and is also open as a stand-alone course for those looking for industry-leading professional development.
Next Course: 23rd and 24th March 2019 – Now Booking £379
See the main page for Douglas Method Practitioner Training and CPD for full details of how the training works.
Just some of the topics we’ll be covering:
- Development of core strength and spinal stabilisation – what the core is and what it isn’t (you might be surprised); contributing factors; working safely
- Neutral Spine, Neutral Static, Neutral Range/Zone, and, Neutral
End of Zone/Range, and their relevance to core stability and spinal stabilisation.
- Determining health risks associated with weak core muscles and lack of spinal stabilisation
- Neutral Static, Neutral Range/Zone, and Neutral End Of Range/Zone (or out of neutral exercises) and why you would and would not use each of these, in general, and in relation to specific conditions.
- Spinal Mechanics: an analysis of the movements of the spine and the importance of this in relation to any movements within sporting activity and everyday life.
- Applications – how to apply in-neutral and out-of-neutral exercises to any bodily movement within your discipline, and, why you would or would not do so.
- Bio-feedback – exploration of, and practice with, a range of bio feedback tools to accommodate a variety of learning needs/styles in relation to Core Strength and Spinal Stabilisation.
- Discussion of the latest research in this area
A comprehensive training manual, plus worksheets will be provided.
There will be an assessment at the end of the course for progression on the Practitioner Training and/or for awarding of CPD points.
23rd and 24th March 2019
11th and 12th May 2019
29th and 30th June 2019
7th and 8th September 2019
9th and 10th November 2019
Please contact us using the form below in order to book your place, enquire about hosting the course, ask questions, or register your interest.