Core Strength and Spinal Stabilisation: CPD for Health & Fitness Professionals
This is Module 1 of the Douglas Method Practitioner Training, and is also open as a stand-alone course for those looking for industry-leading professional development.
Next Course: 23rd and 24th March 2019 – Now Booking £379
See the main page for Douglas Method Practitioner Training and CPD for full details of how the training works.
Just some of the topics we’ll be covering:
- Development of core strength and spinal stabilisation – what the core is and what it isn’t (you might be surprised); contributing factors; working safely
- Neutral Spine, Neutral Static, Neutral Range/Zone, and, Neutral
End of Zone/Range, and their relevance to core stability and spinal stabilisation.
- Determining health risks associated with weak core muscles and lack of spinal stabilisation
- Neutral Static, Neutral Range/Zone, and Neutral End Of Range/Zone (or out of neutral exercises) and why you would and would not use each of these, in general, and in relation to specific conditions.
- Spinal Mechanics: an analysis of the movements of the spine and the importance of this in relation to any movements within sporting activity and everyday life.
- Applications – how to apply in-neutral and out-of-neutral exercises to any bodily movement within your discipline, and, why you would or would not do so.
- Bio-feedback – exploration of, and practice with, a range of bio feedback tools to accommodate a variety of learning needs/styles in relation to Core Strength and Spinal Stabilisation.
- Discussion of the latest research in this area
A comprehensive training manual, plus worksheets will be provided.
There will be an assessment at the end of the course for progression on the Practitioner Training and/or for awarding of CPD points.
9th and 10th March 2019 – Live Interactive
23rd and 24th March 2019
4th and 5th May 2019 – Live Iteractive
11th and 12th May 2019
29th and 30th June 2019
6th and 7th July 2019 – Live Interactive
7th and 8th September 2019
1th and 15th September 2019 – Live Interactive
9th and 10th November 2019
23rd and 24th November 2019 – Live Interactive
Please contact us using the form below in order to book your place, enquire about hosting the course, ask questions, or register your interest.