When we work together, you get all of my 20-plus years of experience, my care, and my passion for getting you the results you want.
Of course, I’m fully qualified, accredited and insured for the work I do.
When you look at my qualifications, below, you’ll notice a breadth of fitness approaches and a strong emphasis on working with people with special fitness needs.
Since 2002 I have trained and assessed upwards of 200 Pilates Instructors and Fitness Instructors. Again, what I love about this is imparting knowledge and understanding – helping instructors-in-training develop professionally – not just filling them with facts.
I’m happy to talk to the press about the Douglas Method and/or the Fitness Industry and can be contacted here…
- From 2004-2009, I lectured in Pilates at The Pilates Institute (now Pilates Precision) in London
- During that time I was invited to run a “train the trainer” course at the internationally recognised South African Exercise Training Academy, and to train and mentor one of the lecturing staff at the Pilates Institute in Dusseldorf, Germany – the birthplace of Joseph Pilates
- I’ve undertaken research into the effects of massage stimulation on muscle function for MS sufferers – with good results
- I’ve taught on NVQ, NC and HNC courses through a private training provider and mentored a student through Level 2/3 UKCC in Sports Coaching Techniques
- In 2006, I designed a Pilates workshop for the Scottish Disabled Athletic Team, after being recommended to them
- I’ve recently (2013) completed a BA in Professional Development through Dundee University and currently I’m investigating doing a PhD researching certain aspects of the Douglas Method
- For the last 12 months or so I’ve been recording the Douglas Method and designing/developing a practitioner training syllabus and master-classes. (If you are interested in training with the Douglas Method, please click here to get on my “Instructor Training Information List” mailing list)
Qualifications & Credentials
- BA in Professional Development (University of Dundee)
- Certificate in Teaching Qualification Further Education (TQFE) from the University of Dundee
- Back Pain Level 4 REPS
- GP Referral Level 3 REPS
- Advanced Instructor Level 3 REPS
- Pilates Matwork Level 3
- Pilates Healthy Back, Pilates in Pregnancy, Pilates Seniors
- RSA – Exercise to Music
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Body Massage
- Jing Advanced Clinical Massage
- Practitioners Certificate in Myofascia Release (CTHA)
- ASA (Amateur Swimming Assoc.) Aquafit Teacher Certificate
- YMCA Certificate in Resistance Training
- YMCA Certificate in Cardiovascular Machine Training
- Keiser Indoor Cycling Instructor Certificate
- Aero Skip Sports Ltd Instructor Certification
- Reiki – First Degree in Usui System of Natural Healing
- HNC and HND in Personal Training…
When I’m not working with clients or developing the Douglas Method you can find me hanging out with my horse Falcon. I also love to dance and am a member of Ceroc Scotland
And I have monkey feet!! ….
….OK they’re shoes with toes, but they look like monkey feet!